Nanban Ventures is the venture capital unit of Nanban Enterprise, an investment management firm with multiple lines of businesses, headquartered in Dallas, Texas. Nanban Ventures launched in June 2021 and has already invested in seven promising companies till date. We typically focus on investing in early-stage tech or tech-enabled companies from late seed to series B stages across technology verticals. Geographic focus is across US, Canada and India.
We’re looking for a Ventures Analyst to join us.
In this role you will focus your efforts on the quantitative and analytical components of investment due diligence. You will be expected to execute on and support the due diligence and portfolio monitoring across the portfolio. Over time you will have the opportunity to take ownership of tasks and deliverables and will work in conjunction with senior team members on more complex and strategic responsibilities.
- Assist in entire investment cycle from start to finish – Source, screen, evaluate and execute per fund’s mandate.
- Assist in conducting thorough due diligence on companies and writing investment memos
- Build financial models and perform valuation/exit analysis as needed.
- Help conduct fundamental research on new markets/ technology and industries that may be of interest to the fund.
- Monitor portfolio company metrics and escalate issues as necessary.
- Represent the fund at conferences, panels and/or related events.
- Build/nurture network with peers in other venture capital Firms and origination intermediaries.
- Assist in any other area of the business as needed.
- Intellectual curiosity, diversity of experience and innovative problem-solving acumen.
- Self-motivated individual who can work remotely with minimal supervision.
- Undergraduate degree plus 2 to 3 years of work experience in venture capital or allied fields such as private equity, investment banking, M&A and/or strategy consulting.
- Any meaningful startup experience will be highly favored. If you had founded one – awesome!
- Nice to haves: Tech sector experience, computer science or engineering background.